So we did a little brainstorming session...and because it is now winter time and its been so cold lately that its appropriate to do a snowman cookies with earmuffs. This was totally inspired by the famous Sweet Sugar Belle, she is an amazing cookie decorator and I really love her awesome work.
This is probably our biggest task in baking and decorating since we started this new adventure. We donated two dozen of whale cookies last time, and this time we want to do a little bit more.
We baked and decorated 48 snowman and 72 snowflakes to go with the snowman cookies, a total of 120 cookies baked, decorated, sealed and delivered....so to speak! Wow that is a lot of cookies, for us this is big task as we never made this much cookies before.
This is what the platter of the snowmen and complimenting snowflakes looks like...
- Use piping consistency icing to draw the line to connect the earmuffs.
- Use black piping icing to make the eyes - we used #2 piping tips.
- Use a stiff orange icing to create the carrot nose.
- Use a pink flooding icing to make the blushed cheeks.
- And lastly pipe the mouth with the same black icing that we use for the eyes.