So I was asked to make Toy Story cookies for a 1st Birthday party. I didn't think it was gonna be a problem until i started decorating them and wow...i really struggled with Woody's cookies.
I think i finally found my arch enemies...character cookies with detailed faces! I dont mind making the cute character with simple faces, but these guysadont think i'll ever want to make these again. :P
All of these characters were created in a very similar process:
- Draw the outline of the character's face on the cookie with an edible marker to give you guidelines.
- If you want the cookies to have background details you can airbrush stars into the base icing. If you dont own an airbrush then just leave the background icing colour as it is.
- Start with one main area, for Woody we started with his face, let it dry and then add his hat, hair & scarf.
- Then add his shirt by piping yellow icing and add the red stripes by using a red edible marker and then add his white vest using white icing and use a black edible marker for the cow prints.
- Finish off the cookies by adding the facial details his eyes, eyebrows, nose, mouth and ears.
- Start with drawing the outline of Buzz's face and upper body on the cookie with an edible marker to give you guidelines.
- For Buzz we didn't airbrush anything but we started off with his space helmet. Painted with blue gel colouring.
- Add the face and some part of his spacesuit that has green colours. Then add the middle white part of his spacesuit that connects to his helmet.
- Then add the purple head covering and a tiny bit of his left shoulder. Also add the details of his spacesuit - see picture below.
- Finish off the cookies by adding the facial details his eyes, eyebrows, nose, mouth and chin.