This yummy lemon yoghurt cake is based on Alison Holst's cake recipe. It was so moist, light and super delicious!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Prepare your ring pan and grease it with non stick spray.
- Grate all the lemon peel into a large bowl, then add sugar eggs and oil and mix together.
- Add the salt, yoghurt and lemon juice and mix again.
- Sift in the flour and fold in with a stirrer until just combined
- Pour cake mixture into prepared ring pan and bake for approx 45 mins or until the sides start to shrink and the centre springs back when pressed. Or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for approx 10 mins before turning out onto a rack.
- Drizzle the lemon sugar glaze on top of the cake. Pierce the top of the cake in several places with a fork to allow some of this icing to seep in.
For me personally its best to enjoy it with a cuppa. My choice would be English breakfast tea and my hubby will declare its best with coffee, whatever is in your cuppa it will go splendidly with this delicious cake! I would highly recommend trying this recipe if you ever feel like having a lemon cake...you wont regret it! ;-)